Last Updated: November 6, 2023
Personal Information We Collect
The personal information we collect varies based on your interaction with our Services and may include information you provide directly, information we collect automatically through your use of the Services, and information we obtain from third-party sources.
A. Information you provide to us directly:
- Account Creation: Name, email address, and username when you create an account.
- Purchases: Transaction details associated with your purchases, excluding direct payment card information, as we utilize third-party payment processors.
- Communications: Contact information when you request information about our Services, subscribe to newsletters or participate in customer support interactions.
- Surveys: Information provided during voluntary participation in our surveys.
- Interactive Features: Information you submit via forums, comments, or social media platforms, which may become public.
- Sweepstakes or Contests: Information required to participate in promotional events, which may be shared publicly as per legal requirements.
- Events: Personal information collected from participants at conferences or trade shows.
- Business Development: Information from individuals and third parties for potential business opportunities.
B. Information collected automatically:
- Usage Information: Details of your interaction with our Services, including visited pages, clicked links, and usage patterns.
- Device and Network Information: IP address, user settings, device identifiers, and location information.
C. Technologies we use may include:
- Operationally Necessary: For access, security, and fraud prevention.
- Performance-Related: To assess our Services’ performance.
- Functionality-Related: To enhance your experience and remember your preferences.
- Advertising- or Targeting-Related: To deliver relevant content and advertising on our Services or third-party sites.
For information on your privacy choices and rights, including how to control these technologies, please refer to the corresponding section below.
How We Use Your Information
We process your information for various purposes to deliver our Services effectively, administer activities, and tailor marketing efforts, outlined as follows:
A. To Provide Our Services We employ your information to execute our contractual obligations and deliver Services, such as:
- Managing user information and accounts;
- Granting access to specific functionalities within our Services;
- Addressing customer or technical support inquiries;
- Communicating regarding your account and interactions with our Services;
- Processing financial transactions and managing payment methods for our offerings; and
- Facilitating event registration and participation.
B. For Administrative Purposes For operational needs, we apply your information to:
- Undertake legitimate business interests such as marketing, research, development, and fraud prevention;
- Protect against and investigate potential security incidents or fraudulent activities;
- Gauge and stimulate interest in our Services;
- Enhance and improve our Services and develop new offerings;
- Ensure internal quality control and verify individual identities;
- Debug to rectify issues affecting our Services’ functionality;
- Conduct audits related to our interactions and compliance activities;
- Enforce our terms, agreements, and policies; and
- Fulfill legal obligations.
C. Marketing and Advertising Our Products and Services
We may use your information to personalize and convey content and advertisements to you, abiding by legal parameters. This includes:
- Email marketing campaigns;
- Custom audiences and interest-based advertising, including cross-device tracking.
For queries on our marketing strategies, refer to the “Contact Us” section.
D. Other Purposes Your information may also be utilized as follows:
- With Consent: For purposes disclosed at the time of information collection or with your consent.
- De-identified/Aggregated Information: To generate anonymized or aggregated data for various analyses.
- Sharing with Friends or Colleagues: Through referral services that allow content sharing with your contacts.
How We Disclose Your Information
We share your information with third parties for several reasons, including the delivery of our Services, for legal protection, or during business events like mergers or acquisitions:
- Service Providers: We may share information with third-party service providers that assist with our business operations, such as analytics, payment processing, and marketing.
- Legal Obligations: If legally required, we may disclose information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including meeting national security or law enforcement requirements.
- Protection of Rights and Interests: We may share information to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our users, or others as required or permitted by law, including to prevent fraud and reduce credit risk.
- Business Transfers: In connection with any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company, your information may be among the transferred assets.
- Consent: We may disclose information with your consent or at your direction.
Please note that our sharing of your information is conducted in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
A. Disclosures to Provide our Services
We share your information with third parties as necessary to facilitate our Services:
- Service Providers: Your personal information is shared with third-party service providers for operational support, including IT, hosting, payment processing, and customer services.
- Business Partners: We may disclose your information to partners to fulfill a service request or in the context of a joint service offering.
- Affiliates: Information may be shared within our family of affiliated companies.
- Other Users/Website Visitors: If our Services allow for public interaction, your profile and content may be shared with other users or the public.
- Advertising Partners: Third-party advertisers may receive your data to deliver personalized advertising experiences.
- APIs/SDKs: We use APIs and SDKs for service functionality, which may involve third parties. Contact us for specifics.
B. Disclosures to Protect Us or Others
- Legal Compliance and Safety: We may disclose your information if required by law or to protect safety, rights, or property.
- Enforcement: Information may be shared to enforce our policies or contracts, including collections and rights management.
- Investigation Support: In cases of suspected or actual illegal activity, your information may be disclosed to assist with investigations or prosecutions.
C. Disclosure in the Event of Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers
- Business Transitions: Should a transaction such as a merger, sale, or asset transfer occur, your information could be a shared or transferred asset.
Your Privacy Choices and Rights
You have specific rights and choices regarding your information:
- Email and Telephone Communications: You can opt-out via unsubscribe links or as prescribed by law. Certain service-related messages will still be sent.
- Text Messages: Instructions provided in text messages or through contact with us can be used to opt-out.
- Mobile Devices: Push notifications can be managed in your device’s settings, where you can also revoke consent for location-based services.
- “Do Not Track”: We do not recognize DNT signals from web browsers.
- Cookies and Interest-Based Advertising: Browser or device settings can manage cookies and other technologies, with limitations on mobile applications. Industry websites offer opt-out features for targeted advertising.
Opt-out preferences must be set separately in each browser and device used.
Security Of Your Information
We take steps to ensure that your information is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice. Unfortunately, no system is 100% secure, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us. The files and records containing your personal information will be kept in our offices and/or on our servers or those of our service providers and only those employees that require it for the purposes of their duties will have access to this file. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we do not accept liability for unauthorized disclosure.
By using our Services or providing personal information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of our Services. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on our Services, by mail or by sending an email to you.
Supplemental Notice For California Residents
This Supplemental California Privacy Notice only applies to our processing of personal information that is subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”). The CCPA provides California residents with the right to know what categories of personal information Raydar Magazine has collected about them and whether Raydar Magazine disclosed that personal information for a business purpose (e.g., to a service provider) in the preceding 12 months. California residents can find this information below: